Based on the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Oregon Health Authority, Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler, and local public health officials, Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) is closing all of its community centers and pools, and canceling all indoor PP&R activities, programs, and rentals. The tentative reopening date for the bureau’s indoor facilities is April 1, 2020.
Portland Parks & Recreation has monitored the COVID-19 situation since it began. We continue to be in communication with, and to follow the guidance of, the Oregon Health Authority, Multnomah County Health Department, and the Portland Bureau of Emergency Management regarding the situation.
For more of the bureau’s COVID-19 information, please visit
CLOSED/CANCELED THROUGH March 31st:
· All Portland Parks & Recreation facilities: All community and arts centers, swimming pools, and sports facilities are closed through March 31st, 2020.
· All Portland Parks & Recreation indoor programs: All indoor recreation and athletic programs are canceled through March 31st, 2020.
· PP&R facility rentals and permitted events in PP&R community centers: All indoor permitted events are canceled.
CURRENTLY OPEN OR PLANNED TO TAKE PLACE:
- All Portland Parks & Recreation parks, playgrounds, golf courses, trails, and natural areas are currently open. Park visitors are encouraged to follow direction from public health agencies and elected officials around social distancing.
- PP&R outdoor activities and events with less than 250 people can go on as planned.
- PP&R will encourage participants at outdoor offerings and events to follow social distancing guidance.