Our whole community is painfully aware of the crisis of homelessness we are in the midst of. You likely have questions and thoughts about it as someone living in the Portland area. We are hosting this Community Conversation to share what we know from 31 years in the field and to dialog with you about the causes and solutions as we see them.
Want to bring this event to your neighborhood or workplace, let us know! We look forward to seeing you in August!
Human Solutions works every day to provide emergency shelter for women and families, and we run other programs, too, that focus on helping people find secure housing and living-wage jobs. It is that experience we will draw on to facilitate this conversation.
Can you join us? We hope so. Here are all the things you need to know:
- WHO: You and anyone interested in greater understanding and compassionate solutions. Human Solutions’ Executive Director Andy Miller and Emergency Services Director Marci Cartagena will be there to present and answer questions.
- WHAT: A conversation about the homelessness crisis we are living in and trying to solve.
- WHERE: Stark Street Station @ 6049 SE Stark in Portland (Mt Tabor area; here's a map)
- WHEN: Wednesday, August 7th from 6 to 8 PM (program starts at 6:30)
- WHY: Knowledge is power. Assumptions are dangerous. Connecting is always positive.
- RSVP: Not needed, just drop in. We’ll be glad to see you. Space is limited, so come on time!
- FOOD? Stark Street Station, our gracious host, has beer/wine, sweet treats and light dinner fare for purchase (lasagna, pot pies, quiche).
- QUESTIONS? Contact Lisa Frack, Human Solutions: 503.548.0282 firstname.lastname@example.org
Marci Cartagena & Andy Miller