December 26, 2019
Facilities Maintenance/Event Support Position
Mission and Values:
Leach Garden Friends seeks a Facilities Maintenance and Event Support team player who will report to the Assistant Director and will be responsible for maintaining and ensuring the superior standard of the facilities. The ideal candidate has demonstrated keen observational skills and is a responsible individual who exercises good judgment.
Leach Garden Friends, staff and volunteers welcome individuals from all backgrounds and communities. We are committed to providing a place of respite, delight, and learning that is open to all. We dedicate our stewardship of this unique place to providing a vibrant example of the strength, resilience, and beauty that only a fully diverse community can provide.
Leach Garden Friends is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Please visit www.leachgarden.org for more information about the garden’s history, mission and values.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Custodial (80%), Rentals (10%), Admin (5%), Visitor services (5%)
- Clean and maintain the garden’s historical Manor House, garden gift shop, Stone Cabin, event rental equipment, administrative office and garden storage areas.
- Support garden event and rentals with set-up/tear-down, and care of garden furniture and equipment.
- Support garden visitor services with opening and closing the garden to the public.
- Track maintenance work requests.
- Monitor and procure housekeeping supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to work various hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Strong organizational skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Keen observational skills with the ability to anticipate and address needs in regard to the cleaning and care of facilities and equipment in the workplace
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects in a startup working environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with staff, visitors, Board, donors, partners, and volunteers
- Desire to be a part of a team and able to work cooperatively
- Flexibility, integrity, and highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk and hear. During special events the employee may be required to spend hours on their feet. The ability to use fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, control or feel objects. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, anything greater should be done with assistance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee’s work might require them to be outdoors in both hot and cold weather. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of one years’ experience in a facilities maintenance and/or events position
Schedule and salary:
- 0.5 FTE variable, $16 per hour
- Typical schedule is M/W/F/Sa 8am to 1pm, but schedule varies frequently due to events. This job requires flexible scheduling between the hours of 7am and 11pm. Event-related shifts are generally scheduled 2 months in advance.
- Must be available for weekends and evenings
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We will contact candidates who most closely match our requirements. Thank you for your interest.12.26 js