Rivermark Community Credit Union is looking for a Member Solutions Specialist!
Engages members and educates them about Rivermark’s products and services. Provides service and support to members by handling requests that are sometimes routine in nature. Seeks out opportunities to provide members with new or underutilized products and services.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provides exceptional member service including making eye contact, welcoming and greeting members and demonstrating willingness and interest to help by body language and a friendly tone of voice.
2. Monitors lobby traffic to ensure members are being helped in a timely and welcoming manner.
3. Consistently establish rapport, explain solutions, define needs and recommend action during each member interaction.
4. Processes loan requests from all channels. Interviews for additional loan options, complies with loan policies and procedures, prepares documents and books loans. Actively cross-sells Credit Union products and services throughout the loan process.
5. Completes onboarding activities for all new members and/or loans.
- 6. Takes ownership of every interaction whether it requires a call back, extended research or assistance from other teams until complete.
7. Assists members using the Personal Teller Kiosks (PTKs). Educates members to make them comfortable and competent using the interactive technology.
8. Possesses override capabilities and increased transaction limits.
- 9. Assists members with online banking issues and offers other technical assistance regarding electronic devices. Resets passwords, challenge questions and PINs for members according to procedures.
10. Balances daily transactions and verifies cash totals. Investigates and resolves out-of-balance conditions.
11. Acts as a leader in sales, product knowledge, member solutions and work ethic.
- 12. Actively participates in personal performance coaching sessions with management team.
13. Follows the Credit Union’s written policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all required regulations and to prevent fraud and losses.
- 14. Monitors and replenishes branch supplies as requested.
- 15. Continuously improves individual level of competency through training and development via established educational programs.
- 16. Skillfully handles and resolves difficult member situations for member satisfaction within appropriate guidelines and procedures. Enlists management in successful member resolution, if necessary.
- 17. Ability to make follow-up calls or emails to members regarding promotions, products and services.
- 18. Responds to member documentation requests as requested.
19. Seeks ways to streamline work processes and continuously improve the Credit Union.
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum two years sales experience in a financial institution or minimum two years retail sales experience in a goal-driven environment with proven results.
Requirements – Skills, Job Knowledge & Abilities
- 1. Exceptional customer service skills, including tact and diplomacy, plus a desire to accommodate the needs of others. Ability to exhibit an inherent ease with others.
2. Advanced knowledge of all Credit Union products and services and related legal and regulatory requirements. Extensive knowledge of the documents and forms required to complete consumer loans, IRAs, business and trust accounts, plastic cards, online banking and bill payment transactions.
- 3. Ability to multi-task and work seamlessly and efficiently across several different platforms simultaneously.
- 4. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, data entry, ten-key calculator, cash counting and math skills.
- 5. Ability to use judgment and discretion when handling confidential member account information.
- 6. Strong organizational and time management skills. Proven ability to follow through on tasks with accuracy and pay close attention to detail.
- 7. Ability to handle processes, product and work flow changes productively.
- 8. Working knowledge of acceptable negotiable items and member identification.
- 9. Exceptional communication skills. Ability to build relationships with members through all channels. Ability to effectively communicate one-on-one and in a group setting. Ability to remain calm when helping difficult and/or irate members.
- 10. Exceptional member service and sales skills in order to meet our members’ financial needs and make contributions toward the achievement of Credit Union goals.
- 11. Ability to proficiently explain remote delivery channels and options with members.
- 12. Demonstrates reliability by being punctual and adhering to the daily work schedule.
- 13. Ability to keep work space organized and tidy.
- 14. Comfortable being evaluated against performance standards.
- 15. Research and problem-solving skills in order to identify and resolve issues.
- 16. Ability to maintain and project the Credit Union’s professional reputation.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
Continuous contact with members. Frequent contact with employees.
- 1. Finger Dexterity – To perform various duties such as using a ten-key calculator, typing and writing.
- 2. Hearing – Continuous, in person and on the telephone.
- 3. Language/Mathematics Ability – Continuous performance of basic numeric calculations, as well as writing, reading, comparing and analyzing. Continuous alertness, precision and concentration to ensure accuracy and thoroughness of work. Occasional performance of complex numeric calculations.
- 4. Physical Strength – Continuous sitting or standing. Occasional walking. Occasional lifting up to 35 pounds. Occasional bending, squatting or kneeling. Occasional reaching above shoulder level.
- 5. Reasoning Ability – Frequent use of judgment, reasoning, patience and negotiation. Frequent use of initiative, ingenuity and creativity. Occasional problem solving.
- 6. Repetitive Motion – Continuous use of hands in repetitive tasks such as simple grasping and twisting/turning of wrists.
- 7. Speaking – Continuous, in person and on the telephone.
8. Visual Abilities – Continuous clarity of vision of 20 inches or less. Frequent clarity of vision of 20 feet or more.
- 9. Work Schedule – Normal workday with occasional overtime.
- 10. Working Conditions – Due to the nature of our business, there is a risk of exposure to potentially hazardous conditions.
Note: Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of the principal job elements. Rivermark Community Credit Union is an at-will employer. This job description does not alter the arrangement or create an employment contract.