The Regional Arts Culture Council (RACC) has one mission – to enrich our communities through arts and culture. We believe that the arts have the power to change hearts and minds, and to inspire social change. We also believe that arts and culture are key elements in creating desirable places to live, learn, work, and visit.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strive to cultivate equity in all of our programs. Prejudice and privilege have created barriers that RACC must dismantle, systematically and strategically, until everyone in our community has equitable access to arts and culture.
As a RACC team member, your work will help to educate and empower people from all walks of life by providing and promoting access to a diversity of art and cultural experiences. If you’re eager to make a difference, that’s a great start. To best serve our communities, we need commitment – to our mission, our goals and, most importantly, to the people we serve.
If you are ready to be a part of a committed, collaborative team dedicated to our community, we want to talk with you.
The Opportunity: Development Associate
Join our Team! The Development Associate will bring to RACC a myriad of experiences and talents to help us fulfill our mission. This multifaceted position reports to the Director for Philanthropic Innovation (DPI) and provides administrative and technical expertise for the Development program, including donor and volunteer relations, board engagement, data management, gift processing, event support, and relevant communications and document creation. This full-time position supports the organization in three significant ways: Fundraising and donor engagement (including events), Volunteer Services management, and Administrative duties including board engagement, strategic planning, and financial reconciliation. This position is both internally and externally responsive. This team member will b e a vita member of the Development, Advocacy, (Arts) Education, and Communications Team (Team DECAdent) at RACC.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Ø As the Database Administrator, the Development Associate will manage and maintain The Raiser’s Edge© database and update policy/procedure manuals for its use team wide.
- Ø Donor relations duties: Gift entry, gift validation, donor acknowledgment, and periodic donor outreach.
- Ø Engagement with Workplace Giving business partners around RACC’s vested workplace giving program, the Arts impact Fund.
- Ø Create and distribute financial reports as needed.
- Ø Reconcile with Finance on a regular bases and provide reports as requested; this could include working with Abila.
- Ø Work with Departments at RACC to coordinate and ensure correct data input into our CRM.
- Ø Train and support fellow team members in The Raiser’s Edge©.
- Ø Participate in annual department-wide planning and strategy.
- Ø Coordinate with Development, Communications, Advocacy, Arts Education, Public Arts, and Grants teams for project fulfillment.
- Ø Lead meetings as needed.
- Ø Plan and prepare for community engagement events (virtual or in-person). This can include registration, pre- and post-event planning, and follow-up with attendees.
- Ø Manage and maintain the Board Portal and board engagement as part of the Volunteer management program.
- Ø Create and maintain RACC Volunteer Management Program. This includes engagement and maintaining volunteer and intern constituent files, coordinating group outreach, maintaining recognition data (for anniversaries and awards), and other duties as assigned.
- Ø Other duties as assigned.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- ֍ Bachelor’s degree preferred. The combination of relevant education, training, and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- ֍ At least three years’ experience in non-profit fundraising, or commiserate expertise.
- ֍ Knowledge of non-profit fundraising and fund accounting.
- ֍ Proficient with The Raiser’s Edge Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system, Microsoft Office Suite, and event and crowd fundraising software such as Greater Giving or MobileCause.
- ֍ Proficiency in desktop publishing software a plus.
- ֍ Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- ֍ Ability to work independently with limited supervision, and effectively as part of a team.
- ֍ Strong initiative and self-motivation.
- ֍ Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters and a strong sense of ethical conduct, sound judgement, and integrity.
- ֍ Ability to research information and summarize in clear, concise reports to staff and leadership.
- ֍ Ability to bring accuracy, clarity, discernment, and project management skills into play to build a strong community engagement program.
- ֍ Dedication and enthusiasm for the mission and vision of RACC and ability to inspire others.
- Ability to work occasional extended hours, including weekend or evenings as needed.
- ֍ Reliable transportation.
- ֍ Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Schedule: Regular Hours of Operation 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday - Friday
Flexibility will be required to accommodate events and business needs
Supervisory: Director of Philanthropic Innovation
Compensation: Minimum $23.00 Hourly Compensation
RACC offers excellent benefits, including paid holidays and Flexible Time Off, full medical and dental benefits, a 401(k) plan, and long-term disability and life insurance.
To apply: Send a Cover Letter and Résumé to (this email address). This application process closes April 30, 2021.
Apply here: https://racc.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=23&source=other