Partners / Resources / Links
Tools & Resources for Businesses
All businesses…and especially small businesses…look outside their own companies for some of the services and support they need to be successful and profitable. Whether it’s marketing, computer technology, accounting, legal assistance or other specialized services, business people often look to others.
The first place to seek those specialized services is within the East Portland Chamber of Commerce. A benefit of chamber membership is getting to know who offers the services you need…and building business relationships with people who come to know and trust. Additionally, the chamber offers on-going seminars aimed to helping its members learn more about the many aspects of running a successful business.
By participating in chamber networking meetings, business people also gain from the experience and expertise of their fellow chamber members. In the community, there are many organizations and agencies that offer resources to businesses on everything from hiring qualified help to getting the proper permit for a new business sign.
Here are some helpful links:
Small Business Liaison
Portland has appointed liaisons in its major bureaus to help small businesses through the often complex regulatory process. Here are some of the city’s small business liaisons:
* Development Services, Suzanne Vara, 503.823.7542
* Environmental Services, Susan Keil, 503.823.5554
* Fire Department, George Godson, 503.823.3763
* License Bureau, Thomas Lannom, 503.823.5154
* Office of Neighborhood Involvement, Amalia Alarcon, 503.823.4134
* Planning, Alma Flores, 503.823.7801
* Sustainable Development, Megan Stein, 503.823.7037
* Transportation, Alex Bejarano, 503.823.7575
* Water, Stephanie Reid, 503.823.7503
* Portland Development Commission, Jennifer Nolfi, 503.823.0271
Business AssociationsFoster Area Business Association
Area Chambers of Commerce